Monday, December 7, 2009

The Hottest Half

I ran my first half marathon on an unseasonably cool August 23rd this year.  Lucky for me the weather did not help The Hottest Half live up to its name.  I learned once again the utterly reliably strategy of negative splits.  I was SMOKIN’ in the last two miles!  My finish time was 2 hours, 9 minutes, and 13 seconds.  Afterwards, I felt like I could have run it faster.  But you never know your first time out.

My thanks to my girlfriend, Kathryn, for coming out to support me.  We started the race at Winfrey Point by White Rock Lake.  The course had us running up and down the east side of the lake.  I ended up passing the starting point twice on the run.  Each time, Kathryn was there cheering me on.  The first time, I told her I loved her.  The second time, I told her I’d see her at the finish line at the top of the hill.  And then after I crossed and got my medal, she was there.  Thank you, Kathryn!

jb

No comments:

Post a Comment